File DEW Appeals through SCBOS

The employer has the right to file an appeal if you disagree with paying a claimant’s claim.

There are two types of Appeals

1 – Notice of Appeal to Appeal Tribunal and
2 – Application for Leave to Appeal to the Appellate Panel.

The first type of appeal may be filed after the determination has been made by Claims Adjudicator. The second type of appeal may be filed after the Appeal Tribunal has communicated their decision. By law, you must file your appeal within 10 calendar days of the mailing date listed on the Determination or the Appeal Tribunal decision. If the 10th day falls on a weekend or recognized holiday, the appeal period extends to the next business day.

For more information, go to the Appeals Information for Claimants and Employers page on the DEW website.

You will be asked to electronically sign this application You will be asked to electronically sign this application as being complete and truthful using the name from the SCBOS profile. You must be associated with the business and cannot sign for another person.

For example, a third party cannot use his or her name to sign for a client.

At a minimum, you will need the following information to start using the Appeals application Just like other DEW applications, you need to first get an SCBOS User Name and Password and know your DEW account number, Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN), and DEW PIN.

Getting Started

If you want to file an appeal, please use our additional resources to help you:

Contact SCDEW

If you have specific filing questions, please contact SCDEW at:

South Carolina Department of Employment and Workforce

APP-100 Initial Appeals 737-2520
APP-111 Appeal 737-0239